The organ was built by Forster & Andrews of Hull in 1872 and is a fine example of their work. Originally the organ was mechanical and sited in the north aisle but it was moved to its chancel position and converted to exhaust pneumatic by Wragg & Son of Nottingham in the 1930s.
Henry Groves & Son converted the action to electro-pneumatic, re-ordered the chamber, and enlarged the instrument to 3 manuals. Other changes included moving the Great Trumpet from the soundboard to an electric unit and adding a new 16ft bass; Great Cremona removed from Great soundboard to Choir; Norman & Beard 8-stop choir soundboard installed; Pedal Principal 8ft extended to Fifteenth 4ft and Choir Open 8ft; new drawstop console; new keys with rosewood sharps.
Choir octave Choir unison off Choir suboctave Swell to Choir
Open Diapason16 Bourdon16 Lieblich Bourdon16 Principal8 Bass Flute8 Fifteenth4 Trombone16
Great to Pedal Swell to Pedal Choir to Pedal Great & Pedal Combs
ACCESSORIES 6 thumb pistons to Great 6 thumb pistons to Swell 6 thumb pistons to Choir 6 toe pistons to Pedal 6 general pistons thumb piston for Sw-Gt thumb piston for Gt-Ped thumb piston for Sw-Ped thumb piston for Ch-Ped reversible thumb piston Sw-Gt reversible toe piston Gt-Ped